Tuesday, October 25, 2011

3-2-1- I'm GONE!

Yes, the countdown is that short. I have 3 more days to travel the 80 miles to the workplace. Part of Friday will be taken up with the retirement party. Monday, my last OFFICIAL day, I will go to the office only 35 miles from me and pack up the last stuff in my office there.
WOW! That close! A week from now, I will be sleeping in and when I get up, I will have a leisurely breakfast, with my dogs and watch some TV and contemplate what I would like to do for the rest of my life.

Not to worry, I already have a two page list of projects and I have barely scratched the surface. I think I want to construct that 2/3 size carousel horse that I bought wood for 20 years ago. That wood may be seriously hardened by now but I've got the tools to conquer it.


I am going to landscape my yard in the next couple years. I want to use a scene like this for my inspiration. I would love to bring in big red rocks and arrange them to create a natural looking landscape with native plants growing among the rocks. I want to design and build a window seat in front of my south dining room window so I can sit there in the sunshine, with a book, on cold, snowy winter days. I think I might have been a cat in a previous life, I so enjoy basking in the sun in the winter. Summer, not so much, I don't find nearly as much enjoyment in summer sunshine.


I still find it hard to imagine really being retired. I find myself thinking how on a coming weekend I want to make a trip to Menards to get more building supplies then I remember, I don't have to wait for the weekend. I can go ANY DAY I WANT TO! Now, how can I NOT be excited about that. Darn, better go add to my list, thought of some more things I want to do. LOL

No comments: